Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Jack Kirby

So today would have been Jack Kirby's 96th birthday. I've never been much of a comic-book reader myself (newspaper strips were always my obsession), but still I can't deny the man's imagination, talent, work ethic and influence. Anyway, when I was working on my book "Cragmore" I had a panel where the main character punches out the devil, which proved trickier to stage than I'd initially thought. It didn't take long to figure out that there had to be a great Kirby drawing I could use for reference, and a quick internet search turned up this panel from "Fantastic Four #12" of the Hulk fighting the ever-lovin', blue-eyed Thing:




PS: Also from the archives, here's an old drawing I did of Kirby creation Fin Fang Foom, from "Strange Tales #89" originally published in 1961:

No comments:

Post a Comment